Friday, March 13, 2009

time travel


Recently I was shopping in one of the discount grocery stores in the area. I was browsing along the aisles, when my eyes lit upon a little, brown bag that instantly made me travel back in time.

It took me to my sweet grandma’s apartment. Sitting at her little table. Me, my mom, and my grandma. Warming our hands around our cups of hot mint tea, and sometimes it was just plain ‘ole hot water. Then we reached into the brown bag that held rock-hard gingersnaps.

We’d select our cookie, dip it in the steaming liquid for about 3 seconds and eat the now softened cookie. Mmmmmm….

In the last years of my Grandma’s life, she lived with my parents. So I have gingersnap memories from home too.

I grabbed that brown bag off the shelf, which cost me 55 cents and put it in the cart. I came home, fixed a cup of mint tea and promptly ate half the bag of gingersnaps in one sitting. And remembered my sweet, godly grandma…

So, yummy. The memories were as delicious as the gingersnaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment